Friday, September 23, 2011

In The Mind Of A Massage Therapy Student!

Well when you go to get a wonderful massage and well great afterword it seems so easy.  It looks like the easiest job in the world.  It is to an extent...However, being a student is the hard part.  I've just finished my two year studies with Everest College and it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.  I had to re-learn science all over again, we have to know everything about the body.  Anatomy, Physiology, Neurology, Kenesiology, Pathophysiology, Business, Pharmacology, Assessments, Remedial Exercise, and the actual Massage Techniques.  Somehow I made it through, I'm just waiting to do my registry exams and all is done.  I think the hardest part for me was going to the cadaver lab and actually looking at dead bodies to learn about the muscles and where they actually are.  I'm really proud of my accomplishment and can't wait to work in the field.  I know that once I'm out there, all this information overload was worth the stress.  World here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment