Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Thunderstorms

I just love thunderstorms.  They give me this excited feeling that I've always had since I was a kid.  Usually I will sit out on the back porch and watch the whole storm, all the way through.  That flash of light, that deep rumble of thunder (or wind from the actually lightening strike), that rush it gives me.  During our last thunderstorm I grabbed my camera and for the first time photographed my first lightening strike.
The next time we have a wild thunderstorm at night, I'm going the try again to photograph the best picture of lightening I can conjure up.  Who knows, it could be one of my best.  To think back to childhood, I loved watching the storms.  It gave me chills and feelings of joyfulness.  However, when it was bedtime, I couldn't sleep without a pillow covering my head.  The thunder was ok, but the flashes of bright light would scare the hell out of me.  Of course, as time passes by my fear has left me, but the excited feeling is still there.  We are actually having a wonderful thunderstorm now, here in Toronto.  It is still daytime, so that defeats the purpose of the ultimate photograph.  Soon I tell you, soon. Never lose the joy of nature and all the fun it brings, always remember back to your childhood to recapture all the good times, or the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment