Saturday, June 23, 2012

Drunk Friends Don't Care--Know Your Limit!!!

I was looking out the window onto Peter Street (Club district) again during a drunken (Not me) Friday night.  As I look to the left I see a limo with a bunch of girls hanging out and joking around.  This is business as usual down here at this time.  One girl was laying on the back of the limo for support; just let me guess, too much to drink?  Maybe she took something illegal?  Who really knows except her.  Her friends were not really paying much attention to her as she slides down on her knees (ouch!!!)  and passes out on the ground.  Every single girl was laughing at her, no doubt took some pictures, and probably posted them on a social network.  For the duration of my cigarette, her friends just left her there on the ground.  You'd think that one of them would have checked to see if she was breathing or if she had a pulse.  I mean this is how this stuff happens.  Then the young girl finally stood up (I was relieved) and got into the limo, friends followed as they yelled "Oh she only weighs 20 pounds".

I guess I'm wondering why people really don't care about their friends as much as they say, I was gonna call a cop over if she didn't get up.  Seems as though I was the only one that noticed her fast slide to the ground.  That can really do damage to the body, the knees mostly.  I mean what if she bumped her head, no one seemed to care.

So be responsible first and for most when leaving the house.  It's one thing to go out drinking, but if you're going to do it, know your limit.  Don't follow the peer pressure of what everyone else is doing.  Be a leader and follow how you feel.  And as for your friends, it's time for some new ones, because these ones don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment